Aubergine: Long Purple 🍆
Approximately 25 Seeds
Aubergines are surprisingly easy to grow in most soil types however they prefer a sheltered, sunny position in the garden and they will not survive frost. The Long Purple variety is very prolific and full of flavour.
- Days To Germination: 10 to 20 days
- Optimum Soil Temp. For Germination: 70 to 80F
- Days To Harvest: 80 days
- Planting Depth: 1/4inch
- Spacing, Plant: 20 to 30 inches
- Light: Sunny Location / under glass
- Sow in 2 seeds per pot in early spring covering lightly with fine soil, and ensure a minimum temp of 70F until germinated.
- When 3 –4 inches high plant to growing position, (ground / 9in pot or 3 per grow bag), best under glass.
- These will not tolerate cold conditions.
- Provide support and keep pest free.
- To aid fruit development, add potassium rich fertilizer with each watering when fruit has set.
- To encourage further production, pick before the fruit surface shine fades.