Aubergine: Turkish Orange 🍆
Sale Sold out
Regular price £0.59 GBP
Regular priceUnit price per
Approximately 10 Seeds
As the name would suggest this heirloom variety originated in Turkey, but is now more commonly found in Italy.
The small plants (around 18-22in) produce an abundance of small round (2-4in) bright orange fruits.
- Days To Germination: 10 to 20 days
- Optimum Soil Temp. For Germination: 70 to 80F
- Days To Harvest: 80 days
- Planting Depth: 1/4inch
- Spacing, Plant: 20 to 30 inches
- Light: Sunny Location / under glass
- Sow in 2 seeds per pot in early spring covering lightly with fine soil, and ensure a minimum temp of 70F until germinated.
- When 3 ?4 inches high plant to growing position, (ground / 9in pot or 3 per grow bag), best under glass.
- These will not tolerate cold conditions.
- Provide support and keep pest free.
- To aid fruit development, add potassium rich fertilizer with each watering when fruit has set.
- To encourage further production, pick before the fruit surface shine fades.