Carrot: Autumn King 2 🥕
Sale Sold out
Regular price £0.29 GBP
Regular priceUnit price per
Approx: 250 Seeds
One of the most popular and easy to grow varieties around.
- Dig and till the carrot bed when the soil is fairly dry to avoid creating lumps. You want a fine, stone free, texture to allow the roots to grow long and straight
- Avoid freshly manured soil as this may cause hairy, rough roots with splits and forks
- Sow thinly in rows 1cm deep, and 30-40cm in between rows after all danger of frost has passed
- Thin to 16-20 carrots per 30cm for eating while small and 6-10 carrots per 30cm for mid-season, larger roots.
- Dispose of the thinned seedlings to avoid attracting carrot fly
- As they grow earth up soil to ensure they stay covered thus avoiding green tops