Carrot: Parisian - Paris Market 🥕
Approximately 75 Seeds
With almost spherical roots not only has good colour and flavour but is also ideal for production in shallow or stony soils. They are a delicious carrot, especially when eaten young.
- Dig or till the carrot bed deeply when the soil is on the dry side to avoid making lumps.
- Work the soil to a fine texture 10-15cm (6-10 in.) deep.
- Avoid freshly-manured soil, which may produce hairy, rough roots and will cause forks and splits;
- Sow seed thinly in rows, 1cm (1/2 in.) deep, 20-30cm between the rows as soon as the danger of hard frost has passed. Try to get about 4 seeds per 2cm (1 in.).
- Thin to 16-20 carrots per 30 cm (1ft.) as this variety is picked young and small.
- Keep weeded and watered.
- Dispose of any thinned seedlings to avoid attracting Carrot Fly.
- As they grow, push soil up over any exposed roots to prevent a green shoulder.
- Can be companion planted between onions or with marigolds to help reduce Carrot Fly problems.