Cauliflower: Italian Di Sicilia Violetto
Approximately 25 Seeds
A stunning regional cauliflower variety from Sicily. Medium-late rounded deep purple curds with excellent flavour are produced on a voluminous plant that forms side shoots after the main head is cut. Stunning colourful additional when raw to dips, will turn green when cooked, although steaming retains some colour.
- Start indoors in a warm, well-lighted area from early March through June for the earliest of crops.
- Sow seeds ¼” deep in good compost.
- Keep evenly moist.
- Seedlings emerge in 5-8 days at 70º F.
- They do best covered lightly with soil.
- Alternatively sow directly outside from early April.
- Transplant seedlings outside at least 2-3 weeks before your last frost date.
- They grow best at 55º to 65º F.
- Do not let seedling become more that 5 weeks old because older seedlings do not mature well transplanted.
- Set plants 18″ apart in rows 24″ apart.
- Transplant seedlings in late June through July for Dec – Jan head harvest.
- Water deeply once a week in dry weather.
- Cultivate or mulch to control weeds.
- High fertility and abundant supply of water throughout the growing season are important