Celeriac - Giant Prague
Approximately 40 Seeds
An heirloom variety introduced in 1871 producing large 5″ round crisp bulbous white roots with a wonderful piquant flavour, similar to celery. A versatile vegetable for mash, soups, stews or grated raw in salads. Stores well after autumn harvest.
- Sow 4-5mm deep from 4 weeks prior to the last frost under-cover with warmth at 65F.
- Germination can be extremely slow.
- When large enough to handle, plant to trays and grow on under cooler conditions.
- Temperature under 50F will encourage bolting.
- After all danger of frost has passed and soil has warmed plant to final growing position with 8-10 in between plants.
- Celeriac is a heavy feeder and requires a rich soil and constant moisture for best performance