Courgette: Atena Polka F1
Approximately 8 Seeds
This yellow courgette is easy to grow and produces courgettes which are a little sweeter than green courgettes. They are best harvested when 15-20cm long. They give a good yield and procude from around early July to early October.
- A sunny spot protected from strong winds is essential.
- The soil should be well drained and rich in humus, the more the better.
- For an early start (late Mar) place a single seed edgeways 1/2inch deep in seed compost in a 3inch pot. The critical part is temperature, these need at least 65F continuous soil temperature (preferably more to maximise germination rates) until germinated.
- Keep the soil moist – water copiously around the plants, not over them.
- Keep weed free to allow air circulation.
- Once the plants start to fruit, feed every 14 days with a tomato type fertilizer, these are greedy