Courgette; ItalianTondo Chiaro Di Nizza
Approximately 5 Seeds
A popular spherical Heirloom Italian variety also known in French markets as “Rond di Nice”. Light green fruits with very thin skin are produced in abundance and possess a fine flavour.
- A sunny spot protected from strong winds is essential.
- The soil should be well drained and rich in humus, the more the better.
- For an early start (late Mar) place a single seed edgeways 1/2inch deep in seed compost in a 3inch pot. The critical part is temperature, these need at least 65F continuous soil temperature (preferably more to maximise germination rates) until germinated.
- Keep the soil moist – water copiously around the plants, not over them.
- Keep weed free to allow air circulation.
- Once the plants start to fruit, feed every 14 days with a tomato type fertilizer, these are greedy plants.