Cucumber: Armenian Yard Long
Approximately 10 Seeds
A unique and unusual variety producing mild flavoured, light green, heavily ribbed fruits grow 24-36 inches long (Best flavour at 12-18 in), that will twist and turn if allowed to grow on the ground, or stay straight on a trellis.
- Sow under cover (protected) from Mid spring,
- 3-4 seeds 1in deep in a 3in pot in good compost,
- and thin later to the best one or two plants per clump.
- Transplant no later than 3 weeks after seeding as cucumbers have a tap root that can be easily damaged.
- Ensure the weather is warm if planting outside,
- ensuring a sheltered and sunny position.
- Cucumbers germinate and grow best when summer really gets going or under glass.
- To avoid bitterness, keep plants evenly moist at all times.
- Can be trained on a trellis to save garden space or left to roam.
- Keep them picked and they’ll keep producing.