Cucumber-Gherkin Anulka F1
Approx 8 Seeds
An excellent F1 Hybrid Gherkin size cucumber”Anulka F1″ suitable for both outdoor and under glass production. The fruits produced are small, light green, ribbed with a small number of warts.
Sow by date of May 24
- Best sown under cover (protected / heated) from Mid spring, 3-4 seeds 1in deep in a 3in pot in good compost, and thin later to the best one or two plants per clump. (These will not germinate in cold / damp conditions, use a propagator or warm draft free windowsill)
- Transplant no later than 3 weeks after seeding as cucumbers have a tap root that can be easily damaged.
- Cucumbers germinate and grow best when summer really gets going, and will not appreciate being planted out too early unless protected with fleece.
- To avoid bitterness, keep plants evenly moist at all times.
- Can be trained on a trellis to save space or left to roam.
- Cut fruits regularly to encourage long continuous production.