Bean: Dwarf Borlotto - Lingua Di Fuocoz
Approximately 15 Seeds
This is a shelling bean. The plant produces cream beans with red mottling. Pods are approx 15cm long and about containing 4-6 large beans. Borlotti beans freeze brilliantly, they can also be dried or eat them fresh
- For an early crop sow in warmth in mid spring 6 weeks before the last expected frost in your area.
- Sow seeds individually in 7.5cm (3in) pots at 18-21C (65-70F).
- Otherwise sow outdoors 4-6 in between seeds when the soil has warmed during late spring after all danger of frost as they are sensitive to low soil temperatures.
- Keep weed free and protect from pests whilst young.
- Plants do not require support.
- Harvest pods when young for fresh beans or allow pods to dry on plants for beans to store.