Hollyhock: Jet Black
Approximately 20 Seeds
A stunning variety of hollyhock that bears dark, almost black flowers and reaches a height of around five feet.
- Days To Germination: 14-21.
- Optimum Soil Temp. For Germination: 65F.
- Planting Depth: 1/16 inch.
- Spacing, Seed: 2-3 inch.
- Spacing, Plant: 18 to 24 inches.
- Plant Height: 3-5 Feet.
- Light: Full Sun.
- Sow in pots/ trays from early spring to late summer germinating at a minimum of 65F.
- Alternatively sow directly in soil after all danger of frost has passed to a depth of 1/16 of an inch and cover with fine soil.
- Keep soil moderately moist during germination.
- When 2-3 inches, thin to 18 to 24 inches apart, transplant thinning’s.
- Feed during the Spring.
- Cut established plants back after blooming.