Mesembryanthemum: Magic Carpet Mix
Approximately 150 Seeds
Low spreading habit of woolly light green leaves covered in daisy like bright flowers with dark centres. Needs full sun to open flowers. Height 6-8cm. Known as Livingstone Daisy.
- Sow indoors under cover 6-8 weeks before the last expected frost, until May.
- Surface sow, lightly pressing the seed into your growing medium, do not cover as light is needed to aid germination
- Cover trays with clear polythene to maintain humidity until the first seedlings are visible and keep moist at all times
- Temperature: 15-20°C (not any warmer as you may affect germination success)
- Days to germination: 7-10
- When large enough to handle prick out to trays and grow on
- Acclimatise to outdoor conditions and plant out once all danger of frost has passed
- Soil: Copes in drier poorer soils
- Light: Full sun