Pea: Mange Touts - Carouby De Muasanne
Approximately 20 Seeds
An heirloom French variety considered as the original Mange Tout Pea, producing truly enormous thin, flat and wide 5 In. pods that are extremely sweet and very tender. Additionally the plants and flowers are one of the most attractive of any of the pea varieties allowing them to be included in ornamental planting.
- Plant where peas have not been grown for 2 seasons,
- digging in well rotted organic matter.
- Sow from early Mar 2” deep in 6” wide rows 2 inches apart.
- The distance between the rows should equal the expected height of the variety.
- Avoid sowing during any cold or very wet periods
- Protect immediately from birds.
- Keep weed free.
- Provide support by 3 inches tall.
- Start picking the pods just as the peas inside start to form.
- Early and regular picking will also improve the cropping and flavour of the peas.