Approximately 50 Seeds
A fine, dark green leaved early maturing variety, large in size with a spreading rather than upright habit. Extra large semi-savoyed lance-shaped leaves are cold-hardy, flavoursome and tender
- Days To Maturity: 45-60
- Planting Depth: 1/2 inch
- Spacing, Row: 12-18 inches
- Spacing, plants: Sow 12-18 seeds per foot
- Light: Sunny Location
- Spinach germinates best in cool soil.
- Sow late late summer through to late Autumn
- Sow about 12-18 seeds per foot, 1/2 inch deep, in rows 12-18 inches apart and thin when large enough.
- Harvest young spinach leaves during growth and full-size, but before bolting.
- Cut just below root attachment for “rooted spinach”, or cut higher for “clipped spinach.”
- Protect during harsh cold spells and from winter birds.
- Spinach grows on a wide range of soils if moist and fertile, but is sensitive to acidity.