Spring Onion: Paris Silverskin
Approximately 75 Seeds
Paris Silverskin are an easy to grow, dual purpose onion. If you like a good size bulb on "spring" onions pull them young or leave to mature and crop as small onions for pickling. This way they can be pickled for use in summer salads or added whole to winter stews. Delicious!
- For the finest onions, seed directly outdoors, depth 1/4 to 1/2 inch, in full sun to partial shade and well-drained soil as soon as the ground can be worked in Spring.
- Planting Space rows 12 inches apart. Scatter seed in the row at the rate of 3 seeds per inch.
- Seed can be started indoors under cover 8-10 weeks before transplanting out and transplants well.
- Alternative plants can be pulled for early use and allow remainder to fully mature.
- Fertile, moist soil enriched with compost is best for onion production.