Approximately 8 Seeds
A heavy yielder showing great uniformity, this fine squash example is the most popular and widely grown winter squash. It is smooth textured and has a sweet flavour, particularly after a month or two of storage.
- Requires a sunny spot protected from strong winds
- Requires a soil rich in humus and well drained
- Sow a single seed in a pot edgeways at a depth of 1.25cm deep
- Requires soil temperature of at least 21°C continuously so a propagator, heated greenhouse or an airing cupboard is ideal
- Keep moist but water around the plants, not over them
- Feed with a tomato like fertiliser once fruits start to swell