Squash-Italian Winter Marina Di Chioggia
Approx 5 Seed
This very old Italian Heirloom rustic variety originates near Venice and is considered the King of Italian Squashes. Large unique turban shaped deep blue-green 6-10lb fruit are produced on vigorous vines with a rich, sweet, deep yellow-orange flesh of outstanding quality.
- A sunny spot protected from strong winds is essential.
- The soil must be well drained and rich in humus, the more the better.
- fill each hole at least 12” square with garden compost and paper at the bottom into which goes a single plant.
- For bush varieties 24in between each plant is fine – 48in for vines.
- Many winter Squash / Pumpkins like to sprawl out and need plenty of space.
- Vining Squash / Pumpkins require a larger area to run, whilst semi-vining and bush varieties of winter squash / courgette can be well contained.
- If space is tight just keep turning the branches back to the centre to prevent spreading and over-running other plants.