Strawberry Sticks (Strawberry Spinach)
Approximately 25 Seeds
Strawberry sticks are relatively unknown but they are a great addition to any garden. The light green leaves can be cooked and used like spinach, and the strawberry like fruits are also delicious to pick and eat.
- Can be sown early, under cover, in trays of well drained seed compost.
- Germination 10-14 days
- Prick out when large enough to handle and grow on, gradually acclimatising after all danger of frost has passed before planting out.
- Larger plants do not like being disturbed.
- Can be sown direct to the growing position when the soil has warmed, and weeds are growing vigorously.
- Harvest young leaves around 60 days after sowing, the fruits only form after the plant has bolted and flowered.