Sunflower: Red Sun 🌻
Approximately 20 Seeds
This is a tall variety of sunflower which reaches around 1.6m in height, in a stunning shade of red.
- Seeds can be started indoors 3 to 4 weeks before last spring frost. Or direct-sow seeds outside after all danger of frost has passed to a depth of 1/4 inch. Can be sown as late as 100 days before last frost.
- When seedlings are 2 to 3 inches high, thin to individual pots. Replant thinned plants.
- Protect from Snails / Slugs whilst young.
- Steadily harden off before planting out after all danger of frost has passed.
- May require staking / support in exposed postions.
Days To Germination: 14-21 days
Optimum Soil Temp. for Germination: 68F-86F
Planting Depth: 1/4 inch
Spacing, Seed: 4-6 inch
Spacing, Plant: 24-36 inches
Plant Height: 5-6 ft
Light: Full Sun