Sunflower: Vanilla Ice
Approximately 10 Seeds
Vanilla ice produces florist quality blooms in large clusters of light yellow and cream flowers with deep chocolate eyes. Reaches 6 to 8ft in height.
- Seeds can be started indoors 3 to 4 weeks before last spring frost.
- Or direct-sow seeds outside after all danger of frost has passed to a depth of 1/4 inch.
- Can be sown as late as 100 days before last frost.
- When seedlings are 2 to 3 inches high, thin to individual pots. Replant thinned plants.
- Protect from Snails / Slugs whilst young.
- Steadily harden off before planting out after all danger of frost has passed.
- May require staking / support in exposed positions.