Sweetcorn: Golden Bantam 🌽
Sale Sold out
Regular price £0.59 GBP
Regular priceUnit price per
Approximately 10 Seeds
This heirloom variety is very popular for it's sweet flavour, Perfect for eating fresh or freezing. Matures in around 3 months
- Ensure the growing location has good drainage and enough humus to ensure the ground will not dry too quickly.
- Sow in early spring under cover in 3in pots 1in deep for the earliest crop at a minimum temp of 50F, warmth will aid germination rates. Harden off before planting out. Alternatively sow directly outside in late spring allowing 18in between plants and 18in between rows.
- Sweet corn must be planted in blocks, not as a single row to ensure good pollination.
- Cover any roots that appear at the base with mulch or old compost to retain moisture.
- Do not allow the crop to dry out during hot weather whilst flowering.
- Each plant will produce 1-2 cobs, test for ripeness when the silks have turned chocolate brown.
- A creamy liquid should come from the grains when squeezed, when fully ripe.