Tomatillo - Verde 🍅
Approximately 20 Seeds
is variety is grown like a Tomato, and has an indeterminate branching habit. It can be used in salsa, and many Mexican recipes. It is approximately the size of a large cherry tomato, and when ripe the paper-like husk turns brown and breaks down. It produces deep green fruits.
- Sow in spring 1/16 inch deep.
- Germination takes around 6-14 days at 65-75F.
- Transplant the seedlings when large enough to handle into 3 inch pots.
- Grow on under cooler conditions and when about 8 inches tall,
- either plant in their growing position in the greenhouse
- or gradually acclimatise them to outdoor conditions
- and plant out at least 18 inches apart in a warm and sunny spot in moist,
- fertile well drained soil and keep watered.
- Provide support as the plants will naturally ramble.